Founder, CEO + CTO
Scout is a B2B software-as-a-service platform built for the dog walking and pet sitting industry. It’s an all-in-one business management system that provides scheduling, automated billing, messaging, and customer communication features specifically built for dog walking and pet sitting companies.
- Responsible for architecture and engineering of the platform, which comprises a web application and two native mobile applications.
- Played the role of product manager. Responsible for gathering data, building the product roadmap, setting pricing and working with marketing to develop rollout strategies.
- Managed a team of 6 developers located in 4 different countries.
- Implemented the OKR framework for defining and tracking objectives and their outcomes.
- Led transition of infrastructure from Microsoft Azure to Amazon Web Services for increased performance, reliability and disaster recovery.
- Managed 6-month project to re-work Scout’s website. Personally sourced and selected design and development talent to handle the implementation. The result of the redesign was a 15% increase in conversions.
- Responsible for all hiring and vetting of both technical and non-technical talent.
- Created wireframes for new features.
- Negotiated a rate drop with a payment processor that resulted in a 24% reduction in credit card processing fees.
Technologies: Ember, Node, Hapi, Ionic, Cordova, Angular, PostgreSQL, HTML, CSS, AWS (Lambda, SQS, ECS, Step Functions, Route 53, Cloudfront, S3, EC2), Azure (App Service, Functions, Storage, Queues), Vue, Braintree Payments, SendGrid, Twilio, Applozic, Mapbox
Flutter Igniter is the premier resource for all things Flutter, Google’s new UI kit for cross-platform application development. We create blog posts, videos, and other educational content to help you quickly become productive with Flutter.
Technologies: Flutter, Dart
Senior Application Developer
2019 – 2019
Led development of the Chrome Extension for Boulder Bits’ InviteMe product. InviteMe (now defunct) was an ambitious application that was meant to solve many of the scheduling problems faced by those with busy calendars. The Chrome Extension interacted with the Gmail interface to make it simple to insert schedule invites directly into emails.
Technologies: Chrome Extension Development, React, Typescript, Go
Advisor + CTO
Health Genie is a free, easy-to-use, mobile app focused on helping busy moms manage their family’s health. The app is available for both iOS and Android.
- Consulted and provided advice on marketing, technology and business matters.
- Created the first mobile prototype using Cordova. It features core scheduling and reminder functionality.
- Developed the backend API, which was built on Hapi.js and deployed to Azure App Service.
- Scoped and estimated projects.
Technologies: Cordova, Ember, HTML, CSS, Node, Hapi, PostgreSQL, Azure (App Service, Functions, Storage, Queues).
Director of Emerging Technology
2010 – 2014
Trellist is a professional services firm that provides marketing and technology services to businesses ranging in size from startups to Fortune 500.
- Grew mobile-related revenue from $0 to $1.75MM between 2011 and 2014.
- Responsible for the mobile strategy for clients such as AstraZeneca, Capital One 360, ING Direct, Everything But Water and Southco.
- Formed partnerships with 3rd party vendors, such as Cloudmine, that generated additional revenue streams through commissions and referrals.
- Part of the team that developed remote deposit capture for ING Direct (now Capital One 360).
- Estimated projects and assisted in the RFP process.
- Led a team of 10 developers spanning multiple projects across several industries.
- Educated internal teams on emerging technologies. This included creating materials and delivering talks tailored to developers, sales teams and C-level executives.
- Featured as a mobile expert on panels and delivered talks at local conferences and forums.
Senior Java Developer
2008 – 2010
7Mainstreet (now defunct) connects local businesses with prospective buyers.
Technologies: Java, HTML, CSS, Oracle
Trellist Marketing + Technology
Web Application Developer
2005 – 2008
- Responsible for the web services integration that powered the new Bill Me Later (now known as Paypal Credit) website.
- Developed a product configuration tool for Southco.
- Developed the website for Streamlight.
- Assisted in the sales process for application development services by helping to scope and estimate projects.
Technologies: Java, .NET, HTML, CSS
Helpdesk + Web Application Developer
2002 – 2005
Croda sells specialty chemicals to some of the largest brands in the world.
- Provided helpdesk support services for applications like Lotus Notes.
- Repaired and fixed computers.
- Designed and developed the internal helpdesk website that allowed submission of tickets. This led to a 28% reduction in helpdesk phone calls.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, ASP
University of Delaware
B.S. Computer + Information Sciences
Minor in Management Information Systems
Minor in Physics